Cashmere loves water so the best way to wash it is to hand wash it with a touch of soap. As cashmere is a natural fibre, some pilling will take place so we recommend washing your garments after they have been worn two or three times. Simply hand wash it in Cool water with a touch of soap. It is best to use cashmere/wool specific detergents like Woolite. For all items with buttons we recommend undoing the buttons before washing. And, please remember: do not wring it afterwards or hang it up, otherwise the fibres will stretch and your garment will lose its shape. Please then lay it flat to dry in the shade.
- Soak the item in Cool water using a mild detergent like Woolite.
- Gently distribute the suds. Do not wring it (as this will encourage the item to stretch and lose its shape)
- Rinse the item thoroughly in clean lukewarm water
- Squeeze the item of excess water gently or put it in the washing machine on the lightest spin.
- Reshape item and dry as flat, away from direct sunlight.
- If you wish to iron your cashmere, use only the lowest setting, and move the iron fairly quickly so that it does not burn and ruin your jumper.